Impromptu Trip 2.0

On the first day of 2020, I decided to fly to Jakarta. The recent impromptu trip becomes an addiction. Hate that I love it. Surely, Jakarta’s flood would not stop me from exploring.


I started visiting Harapan Djaya. Good choice though, the place was quiet and cozy. The hot latte was perfect with someone special as my companion. Then, I crossed the street moving to Woodpecker. What I can’t get off of my mind is their tasty boba waffle. Recommended! And after that, I took a walk about 1K to M-Bloc Space. M-Bloc Space is a vintage space wrapped in a modern look. This is where all the fun stuffs happened, such as gigs, art exhibition, film promotion, book launching, etc. There are coffee shops, restaurants, record store, beauty shop, comic shop, gift shop, also graffiti spots. It was fun to be there. Just my kind.
More, I headed from M-Bloc Space to Filosofi Kopi Melawai. Finally, I tried the pour over coffee and I enjoyed it too much with Hindia’s Secukupnya playing in the cafe and him right in front capturing me smiling. Just. Perfect.


The next day, I had a morning coffee in But First Coffee, Dharmawangsa. You should know that I want to be here since I read Rain Chudori’s Imaginary City, she wrote a story and presented this place as the background. The location is adorable, perfect for contemplating, reading, or just starring blankly. I ordered a cup of double cortado that got me good! Love, love. 
Then, I moved to Shoot Me In The Head that located in Duren Raya. Somebody suggested me to try the Argopuro beans and the flavor was absolutely nice period.
My next plan after coffee was movie time with him. Nanti Kita Cerita Tentang Hari Ini was the movie we both planned to see and we made it. Yay! The day is still long, because after coffee and movie, me and him went to Pasar Santa to find POST Bookshop. It feels like a little heaven. So happy that I brought some babies (books) home. From POST, I insisted him to go to Aksara Kemang and there are no words but yes. Well, Aksara joins with POST so the books are similar, the location is so comfortable and open. We ended up taking photos, ordering ice chocolate, and reading some parts of the books we just bought. What a long lovely day.


Last day, I went to KROMA. That ‘feels like home’ feeling I got right when I arrived there. The food and beverage was good. I would love to stay longer reading or wondering. Hehe. I am so happy that I got the book Lovely Nest by Living Loving here which I don’t know that their office is in the 2nd floor.
And MAKNA was my last stop before flying back home. I made it through the rain, but it was worth it. Such a super cozy space. I’m a big fan of MAKNA, especially Makna Talks. So inspiring! It was only three days but full of experiences and quality time. Can’t wait to plan another trip. Nice to meet you, Jakarta!

Comments