First Impromptu Trip

When was the last time you did something for the first time?
It was on December, 2019. I impulsively bought a ticket to Bali, for the sake of refreshing. Actually I am not so alone because my best friend lives there so she spent around 3-4 hours to accompany me but the rest was only me wandering around and getting my itinerary list checked off.


On the first day, I paid a visit to ART BALI in AB.BC Building, Nusa Dua that opened since October, 2019 until January, 2020. This is my first time visiting an annual contemporary art exhibition and I really enjoyed each of arts. All artworks from various artists are captivating and unique. I wish that I could visit more art exhibitions because it was such a mind-recharged for me.

Then, I headed to the largest Starbucks in Southeast Asia that located in Denpasar, Indonesia as known as Starbucks Reserve Dewata. When I arrived at the entrance, I saw a mini coffee farm, sure that they planted Arabica coffee trees there. The most interesting part is when I can feel the coffee journey through the media installation that shows the process of coffee planting, processing, roasting, shipping, brewing, and finally serving. Their signature beverage is called Lavender Latte which made of espresso and fresh milk with flowery aftertaste (only they know the other composition) and Iced Dewata Latte is only another ice milk coffee with liquid brown sugar. The place is so grand, quite perfect for working, studying, or just hanging around with partners. It also has a nursery room, anyway.


On the next day, I did a coffee shop hopping and shopping in between. Because of my curiosity of this overrated place, finally I was in Titik Temu Coffee, Seminyak. The high temperature of the city pushed me to order the Ice Coconut Long Black to cool down and it was good. After that, I moved to Kim Soo by walking about 500 metres, with a sunglasses and earphone on. Oh, hi! Here I am a well-played tourist. Kim Soo consists of cafe and homeware store. The theme of the place is monochrome with a cream-beige touch and it is aesthetically pleasing. There are so many nice spots to take pictures. Let me tell you a story that I randomly met a group of tourist girls, one of them offered me to take a picture of me and of course I accepted that. She directed my pose and even lent me her coffee. The results are very good. All I can say was thank you. May your kindness will be return to you.

Finally, that is all, the rest were only girls talk with my best friend and shopping spree. I just never thought that wandering by myself would be this fun. This trip is one best decision I have ever made. Look forward to the next impromptu trip. See you, Bali.

Comments